In 1946, Fern and Wendell Piner bought an old Victorian home on Pueblo Avenue in Napa and settled in to raise their family. Very soon, this home also became the center of their business as they welcomed 12 patients and launched their board and care home.
By the early sixties, the Piners had decided to expand their business, and began construction on the Nursing Home and Guest Home. Because of the untimely death of Wendell in 1964, Fern was left to open the new facilities later that year on her own. She successfully operated the businesses until 1985, when she retired and her son Gary took over.
Today, the Piner family takes great pride in the quality of the services they offer, and constantly works toward excellence.